11 April 2012 /TODAY'S ZAMAN
A father and his daughter were killed on Wednesday in a fire that broke out in a four-storey building in the Ataşehir district of İstanbul.
The fire started early in the morning on the first floor of the building on Yeşilova Street in the Esetpaşa neighborhood of Ataşehir and quickly spread to other parts of the building. Raşit Aktürk (40) and his daughter, Nisanur Aktürk (3), died, while the mother and three other children were rescued and taken to the hospital for treatment. According to reports, the fire was caused by a natural gas leak.